Friday, August 30, 2013

Dig in to the Most Mundane Work with a Smile


No matter how high the risk,
it is still worth the adventure.
Soon a month of small efforts suggested in my previous blog is over. Has it been fun? Worth the effort? Or have you given up by now? I would say it has not been easy, but certainly it has been a continuation of a life-long-adventure.

Success does come very slowly and waiting those numerous repetitions to sum up to something worthwhile calls for patience. The Finnish autumn weather with days of sunshine and photographic moments has been inspiring environment for any kind of practice. Being it mental or physical.

Talking seriously the advice of focusing on just one single thing at the time has proven to be good. Added with taking consciously time to get the amount of rest and work in balance, has made the practice possible. Not that I can boast of great success, but one month is a very short time. Isn't it? A toss of humor, flexibility and perseverance with healthy amount of boundaries with fellow human-beings are those extra ingredients on the life recipe I try to apply. Even when it all feels mundane and hard work, throwing in some smile makes the work lighter.

When things really get tough, I try to dig into my memory storage of supportive people or occasions. In the same place reside some thoughts, which have travelled with me while globe hoping. One of them was caught in a camp weekend during my teenage years:

      'You lazy fool, look at an ant.
       Watch it closely; let it teach you a thing or two.'  Proverb 6:6 (Bible, MSG) 

What do you think? Worth learning something?

I admit that I have a long way to go. My smile may be just a grin at times and my approach has a lot of room for improvement. Accepting the unexpected hiccups and enjoying the more than welcomed happy moments, makes life properly spiced and exciting.

Till next time when we are wiser or at least more experienced!


No comments:

Post a Comment